Standard Return/Refund Policy
Upon arrival at the warehouse all returned items are inspected. You will be refunded the full cost of the merchandise and all original shipping charges if your return is a result of our error.
If the return is not a result of our error and your item is returned unopened within 30 days of delivery* we will refund the full cost of the merchandise minus the original shipping charge and actual return shipping fees.
If the item has been opened or shows signs of wear you may be subject to a partial refund and/or charges of both original shipping and return fees. Items returned more than 30 days after delivery may only qualify for refunds of up to 80 percent.
You can expect to receive your refund within four weeks of shipping your package back to us. In many cases you will receive a refund sooner, but we estimate four weeks because of the time required for return shipping (up to 14 days), product inspection (up to 5 business days), and processing from your bank or credit card company (up to 5 business days). We will notify you via email with the details of your refund, and we issue refunds in the form of payment used to make your purchase.
Oversized-Item Return Policy
If you refuse your delivery without inspection, miss your delivery appointment(s) or return a non-defective or undamaged product, you will incur original shipping charges along with actual return shipping fees. Delivery and return shipping fees (combined) typically range from $100 to $695, but may be more for larger items.
All returns are inspected upon arrival at our warehouse. Items not in their original, new, unopened condition may qualify for a partial refund of the product’s price. Upon our inspection of returned merchandise, TheBetterBackyard.com reserves the right to deduct the original shipping charge and actual return shipping fees from your refund.*
Please contact us immediately to set up a return for an Oversized-Item.
*By purchasing an oversized product, you authorize TheBetterBackyard.com and/or its Carriers to assess additional fees to your credit card as necessary according to the fee schedule described here. We may deduct original and return shipping costs from your refund or otherwise charge them to your credit card after the product is returned.
TWENTY (20) YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY (RESIDENTIAL)
FIVE (5) YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY (COMMERCIAL)
Berlin Gardens, LLC (“Berlin Gardens”) warrants to the original purchaser that its polyethylene lawn furniture products will be free of original defects in workmanship and materials for a period of twenty (20) years of residential use or five (5) years of commercial use starting on the date of purchase. At its option, Berlin Gardens will repair or replace this product without charge for materials and labor, providing our inspection indicates that an original defect exists. Should Berlin Gardens choose to replace the product, and the product is no longer available at the time warranty service is required, a substitution of similar performance and equal or greater value will be made. Polyethylene is a synthetic product and may scratch or fade slightly when exposed to sunlight or stain after prolonged contact with other substances. Some expansion and contraction is to be expected due to extreme changes in humidity and temperature. The foregoing shall not be considered defects in materials or workmanship and are not covered under this warranty. Stainless steel fasteners are warranted not to fail structurally for the applicable warranty period. Stainless steel may rust in certain extreme conditions (such as coastal areas) if not maintained. This warranty does not cover rusting fasteners or structural failure due to rusting fasteners, damage caused by unauthorized service or repair, alteration of this product, abuse or misuse, normal wear and tear on materials, or any attempt to use the product in a manner or for a purpose other than for which it is customarily intended. This warranty also does not cover scratching or chipping of polyethylene, however, this warranty shall not limit any warranties made by the manufacturer for such items which may extend to you. Berlin Gardens makes no warranties other than those which are specifically described herein. Berlin Gardens makes no implied warranty of merchantability or implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose. Some states do not allow limitations of implied warranty so this limitation may not apply to you. In that event, any such implied warranty is limited to that required by law. Berlin Gardens shall not be liable for incidental or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, lost profits or other economic or commercial losses. The sole remedy provided in this warranty is repair or replacement of this product. Any cost of shipping and handling shall be paid by you. Claims for original defects in workmanship or materials shall be made in writing to Berlin Gardens no later than ten (10) days after the expiration of the warranty period at the following address:
Berlin Gardens, LLC
P.O. Box 446
Berlin, Ohio 44610
Phone: (800) 593-3411
Your claim must explain the nature of the original defect and include your name, address and telephone number. In the event of a non-warranty repair, you will receive a written estimate prior to any repair work being performed. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other rights which vary from state to state. As defined by federal law, this is a limited warranty.
Poly-Wood, Inc. warranties to the original purchaser for a period of twenty (20) years of residential use and five (5) years for commercial use starting from the date of purchase. This warranty covers any defects in the manufacturing and workmanship of the furniture components. “Defects” is defined as imperfections that impair the original function of the product.
Poly-Wood, Inc. shall not be liable for any failure, defect or damage resulting from or connected with the following:
- Assembly or handling of products after they leave our factory, including any lack of performance or improper performance in any way by the dealer or assembler
- Abnormal use of the products
- The application of paint, varnish or other coating or chemical not approved by Poly-Wood or the application of heat or radiation from an external source such as a barbecue grill, another appliance, fire or refection from windows or doors
- Any lack of compatibility between our products and any other product not manufactured by us that causes damage to or failure of our products
- Labor, transportation or assembly costs
- Color or pattern variance between any new replacement section or pieces and other sections or pieces. (We reserve the right to discontinue or modify any product line or color without notifying the original purchaser. If the original product is not available, we retain the right to choose to provide replacement material of equal value or quality.)
- Fading, color change, or color match on any variegated profiles or accessories
- Damage caused by, among other things, weathering, oxidation, mold, mildew, use of incompatible accessories, fire, flood, lightning, ice, wind-borne objects, earthquake, hurricane, sun, cyclone, gale, tornado, weather of a catastrophic nature, acts of God, intentional acts, unreasonable use, misused, physical abuse, vandalism, riot, insurrection or civil disorder, accidents or corrosive atmospheres (such as those contaminated by acid rain, harmful chemicals or vapors)
- Color change due to weathering that is even and equal when exposed to the same or similar sunlight and other environmental conditions is excluded from the warranty because weathering will cause any colored surface to gradually lighten, darken, chalk or accumulate dirt or stains (the severity of these conditions depends on air quality, the geographic location of the property, and other local conditions over which Poly-Wood has no control)
- Assembly of hardware, accessory items or defects caused by their assembly
This warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear effects on the furniture, which are received by regular use of the furniture. Neither does it cover damage due to unauthorized repairs or alterations, negligence, misuse or abuse, improper assembly and acts of God. This warranty does not apply to the hardware used to assemble the furniture.
The original purchaser is responsible for providing proof of purchase and a written description of the defect. Possible solutions are replacement or repair of the defective furniture, replacement or repair of defective component, or authorization repairs by a third party.
Once the documentation has been received and evaluated, the customer will be notified of the solution. If the product is not returned within 60 days of date of purchase, the customer is responsible for all shipping charges that may apply.
Poly-Wood Cushion Warranty: Poly-Wood, Inc. warranties to the original purchaser for a period of thirty (30) days from date of purchase. This warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear effects on the cushions, which are received by regular use of the cushions. Neither does it cover damage due to unauthorized repairs or alterations, negligence, misuse or abuse, improper assembly and acts of God. This warranty covers any defects in the manufacturing and workmanship of the cushion.